Re: [Synaptic-devel] KDE Frontend

From: Henrique Pinto
Subject: Re: [Synaptic-devel] KDE Frontend
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2003 14:58:54 -0200

On Sunday 21 December 2003 10:04, Richard Bos wrote:
> Did anyone hear about this new initiative; kapture?
> It is a kde frontend to apt, but I think it is for debian only :(
> http://members.shaw.ca/dkite/dec192003.html#Utilities

It is part of the new KDE in Debian project and is being coded by Peter
Rockai. I gave up on porting Synaptic since the code was too much tied to
GTK libraries and the UI had some usability issues.

I'll probably adapt it to Conectiva and other RPM-based distros in a near
future, if Peter does not mind.

--
        Henrique Pinto
        address@hidden