Re: [Synaptic-devel] KDE Frontend

From: Sebastian Heinlein
Subject: Re: [Synaptic-devel] KDE Frontend
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2003 07:35:27 +0100

Am So, den 21.12.2003 schrieb Henrique Pinto um 19:38:

> On Sunday 21 December 2003 16:27, Sebastian Heinlein wrote:
> > Am So, den 21.12.2003 schrieb Henrique Pinto um 17:58:
> > > I gave up on porting Synaptic since the code was too much tied to
> > > GTK libraries and the UI had some usability issues.
> >
> > I cannot talk about GTK stuff, but we could discuss the UI issues
> > anyway. What are you think about exactly?
>
> Mostly inconsistencies with the KDE UIG (User Interface Guidelines). I
> don't think they're relevant to Synaptic (you may prefer following the
> GNOME HIG). But there are some "generic" issues. I did simple usability
> tests, nothing too "scientific". If the results are interesting for you, I
> can write a proper usability report on a later moment.

I would appreciate this.

Some days ago Ploum suggested off list some changes which lead to a
little discussion about the overall ui.

If you are interested, I can forward you the mails.

At the moment the development slowed down a little bit, since Michael is
quite busy and the svn is down because the admin is on vacation.

Thanks,

Sebastian