Re: [Synaptic-devel] Subversion Repository Problems

From: Michael Vogt
Subject: Re: [Synaptic-devel] Subversion Repository Problems
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2003 11:40:11 +0100

On Wed, Dec 24, 2003 at 12:17:12AM -0500, Alexander Winston wrote:
> On Tue, 2003-12-23 at 02:19, Alexander Winston wrote:
> > On Sat, 2003-12-13 at 16:30, Alexander Winston wrote:
> > > I'm having trouble accessing the Subversion repository
> > > <URI:https://oops.kerneljanitors.org/repos/synaptic> at the moment. Has
> > > its location changed?
> >
> > Never mind, it seems that everything is back to normal again! :)
>
> Actually . . . I'm having worse problems now. The following is a log of
> what happens when I try to check out the source.
>
> address@hidden:~/Projects/Synaptic/Subversion$ svn checkout
> https://oops.kerneljanitors.org/repos/synaptic
> svn: Berkeley DB error
> svn: PROPFIND request failed on '/repos/synaptic'
> svn:
> Berkeley DB error while opening environment for filesystem
> /home/niemeyer/svnroot/synaptic/db:
> Invalid argument
>
> address@hidden:~/Projects/Synaptic/Subversion$

Yeah, this is a known problem. The server has some problems right now
and the admin of the server is on vacaction. Gustavo told me he is
working on it. I guess we have out repository back after christmas
(which is fine with me, as I will not have time over christmas to work
on it anyway :).

If you want the current code now, I can send you a tarball. OTOH, the
changes since 0.47 aren't very big. You should be able to savley use
this version for now. Any patches you generate against 0.47 should
apply to trunk/ as well.

bye and happy Xmas,
 Michael