Re: [Synaptic-devel] signature switch in synaptic

From: Slobo
Subject: Re: [Synaptic-devel] signature switch in synaptic
Date: Fri, 26 Dec 2003 03:31:38 +0100

On Mon, 2003-12-15 at 10:35, Panu Matilainen wrote:
> On Mon, 15 Dec 2003, Slobo wrote:

> > solution - maybe switching off somewhere
> > signature checking at last resort or something more elegant?
>
> If it was about unknown signatures you could just locate the keys and rpm
> --import them, however in this case the problem is that the packages
> aren't signed at all. Must be the ones from
> http://people.ecsc.co.uk/~matt/downloads/apt since I know all fedora.us
> and rpm.livna.org packages are signed. So there's not much you can do
> except turn on signature checking: set RPM::GPG-Check to "false" in
> /etc/apt/apt.conf. Long term, you might kindly request that Matthew starts
> signing his packages.
>
>       - Panu -

Thank You Panu, it worked when changed item to false. I'll send Matthew
an email later.

When translating into Serbian found some issues and eine little bug :)

There is line:
if more then one
It should be:
if more than one

Oh yes, when there is an item in menu and it opens dialog do we put
"..." after label?

It is:
_Edit Filters
I think it should be:
_Edit Filters...

Now big one: You don't handle plural forms in Synaptic. It is well
documented here:
http://developer.gnome.org/doc/tutorials/gnome-i18n/developer.html#plurals

In many languages there are two forms as you handle it in synaptic.
Example:

msgid "1 new package will be installed\n"
msgid "%d new packages will be installed\n"

But for many languages there are three or four forms. I can take a look
of this in a week or so or is someone quicker THAN me ;)?

Cheers,
Slobodan Sredojevic