[Synaptic-devel] Update <-> Refresh

From: Sebastian Heinlein
Subject: [Synaptic-devel] Update <-> Refresh
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 07:01:53 +0100

Since we are already doing some string changes in the current
development version I would like to discuss another issue:

The "update" term.

If I remember the first times I used apt I've sometimes confounded
update with upgrade and vice versa.

I don't know how close we want to stay at the apt terminology, but I
would suggest to replace "update Package List" with "Refresh Package
List".

"Refresh" is the term also used by other apps in the same case:
refreshing the underlying data.

So it would bring us a clearer differentiation and more desktop
integration.

Input and comments are welcome.

Regards,

Sebastian