Re: [Synaptic-devel] New term for "No changes" is needed

From: Gustavo Niemeyer
Subject: Re: [Synaptic-devel] New term for "No changes" is needed
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 09:00:41 -0200

> the package action items in the menu or context menu are all verbal
> constructions, except of "No changes". I think that we should make this
> consistent. So here are some proposals from me:
>
> - Dequeue
>
> This term would also reflect the "queuing" concept in synaptic.

I confess I'm not in favor of the "queue" concept, after all, there
are no visible nor abstract "queues" in Synaptic. I think "scheduling"
would fit better our purposes.

For that reason, I don't like "Dequeue" either.

> - Undo (change)
>
> Perhaps a little bit problematic term since it collides with the undo
> item in the global action menu.

Indeed.

> - Reset
>

> - Do not change
>
> This would be nearest to our current term.
>

> What do you think about this?

I still like "No changes" over these choices.

--
Gustavo Niemeyer
http://niemeyer.net