[Synaptic-devel] trouble with locales

From: Corien Prins
Subject: [Synaptic-devel] trouble with locales
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 07:38:13 -0800 (PST)

Dear people,

Today I've updated several packages of my Debian.
Since then I get the following message when starting
synaptic:

"Incorrect or incompatible locale-settings.

Synaptic may crash!!!

Xlib dow not support your chosen language-environment.
Please use settings like "fr_FR" or "address@hidden". Do
not use settings like "address@hidden".

Contact the mailing list for comments or help:
address@hidden
Include the output of the "locale" command in your
email. "

Synaptic does indeed crash. It does not crash when
using the default-locale (english). I've tried to
change the settings, but didn't succeed (backed-up the
config-files first). The output of the locale-command
is:

address@hidden
LC_CTYPE="address@hidden"
LC_NUMERIC="address@hidden"