Re: [Synaptic-devel] Build problems....

From: Michael Vogt
Subject: Re: [Synaptic-devel] Build problems....
Date: Sun, 29 Feb 2004 22:41:54 +0100

On Sun, Feb 29, 2004 at 11:23:02PM +0100, Richard Bos wrote:
> Op zondag 29 februari 2004 22:18, schreef Michael Vogt:
> > Do you think the attached patch will solve the problem? Can you please
> > try? You'll have to rerun ./autogen.sh to regenerate the Makefile.
>
> No, see below.
>
> > If this does not work, can you please send me your rpm-build script?
> > Just to get a better chance to help with the problem.
>
> My build does not fail, it continues.  But I encountered the failure/warning
> and started to wunder, is it wrong/good/bad etc.  As I'm not familair with
> scrollkeeper I have now idea how serious it is.
> If there would be option in configure to skip the scrollkeeper install
> (pkg-builder-mode e.g.) phase it would be clear at once.

Oh, ok. Sorry. I misunderstood the importance of this then :)

I was under the impression that there was a real build failure. I'll
look around how other projects deal with scrollkeeper and do the same
with synaptic. Do you think I should add a little Remark in the Readme
of synaptic (under a section like "Package building") in the meantime?

thanks,
 Michael