RE: [Synaptic-devel] Basic Question - GPG Key

From: Greg Ennis
Subject: RE: [Synaptic-devel] Basic Question - GPG Key
Date: Mon, 10 May 2004 14:39:01 -0500

On Sun, 9 May 2004, Greg Ennis wrote:

> Sorry to ask this question to a development list, but I could not find a
> user's list or other way to get the information.
>
> I have been using apt and synaptic on a FC1 system that is working
> great.  I have tried to get it operational on a RH8.0 system am having
> difficulty.
>
> I am getting "(GPG) NOT OK (MISSING KEYS: GPG#731002fa)" these errors.
> I have looked within the directory of /etc/apt/gpg and this key is not
> present.  Can someone advise me as to the mechanics of downloading this
> key.
>
> Again, sorry to ask such a basic question here.

That appears to be the Fedora Legacy key (and thus correct place for the
questions would be fedora-legacy mailing list)

Anyway .. the /etc/apt/gpg directory is just for automatic imports of GPG
keys in fedora.us apt packages and IIRC fedoralegacy apt package doesn't
do automated imports. The following should take care of it:
# rpm --import http://www.fedoralegacy.org/FEDORA-LEGACY-GPG-KEY

        - Panu -

Panu,

Thanks much ... problem solved!!!!