Re: [Synaptic-devel] experimental task support added

From: Michael Vogt
Subject: Re: [Synaptic-devel] experimental task support added
Date: 19 Jul 2004 01:12:40 +0200

On Fri, Jul 16, 2004 at 02:50:48PM +0300, Panu Matilainen wrote:
> > --task-descr $task: print a long description about the given task
>
> Ok, apt-groupinstall needs to be modified talk this protocol then. Not a
> big deal, the operations match 100% it's just syntax which differs
> somewhat.

Sorry there is a little typo here. It should be "--task-desc $taskname"
(notice the missing "r").

This is the format I agreed upon with Joey Hess (maintainer of the
debian tasks and tasksel application). Here is a short example
(included in README.tasks):

$ tasksel --task-desc desktop
This task provides basic "desktop" software, including a variety of
session managers, file managers and web browsers. It incorporates both
the GNOME and KDE desktops, and provides a display manager which lets
the user choose between the two.

The interface is added to the code of synaptic and debian tasksel
(thanks again Joey!).

I wonder if we should provide a additonal button "packages in task" or
something. But I guess this is not really need.

thanks,
 Michael