[Synaptic-devel] [support #103170] Apply changes silently fails

From: anonymous
Subject: [Synaptic-devel] [support #103170] Apply changes silently fails
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 14:50:46 -0500

This mail is an automated notification from the support tracker
 of the project: Synaptic.

[support #103170] Latest Modifications:

Changes by: Anonymous user
Date:
                mié 15/12/04 at 19:44

same problem.
how do you import the gpg signatures?

----
parq!

[support #103170] Full Item Snapshot:

Project: Synaptic
Submitted by: 0
On: jue 01/07/04 at 10:21

Category:  None

Original Submission:  Take a set of packages, e.g. an upgrade; the packages are
downloaded but when the changes are applied nothing happens. No feedback, no
error and the packages remain marked for upgrade/install. It would be nice for
some information in this situation, even a --verbose[-v] would be a step in the
right direction. I've marked this as ordinary as it does not stop functionality
but it's a blocker in reality as it makes it hard to use.

Follow-up Comments
------------------

Date: mié 15/12/04 at 19:44         By: 0 <None>
same problem.

Date: vie 02/07/04 at 19:20         By: 0 <None>
I added dag weirs rpm repository and the apply failed and I could not figure
out why.  I then ran apt-get manually and realized that it was because I did
not have the GPG signature imported.

An output window would be nice.  Similar to gftp's or other programs debug
consoles.

Date: vie 02/07/04 at 10:29         By: Michael Vogt <mvogt>
what system are you using? debian or a apt-rpm using distro? what is the output
of apt-get if you try the same operation (like try to install exactly this set
of packages that fails under synaptic)?

For detailed info, follow this link:
<http://savannah.nongnu.org/support/?func=detailitem&item_id=103170>

  Message sent via/by Savannah