Re: [Synaptic-devel] Synaptic and GTK+ 2.6

From: Michael Vogt
Subject: Re: [Synaptic-devel] Synaptic and GTK+ 2.6
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2005 14:01:03 +0100

On Thu, Jan 06, 2005 at 11:45:35AM +0000, Christian Metzen wrote:
> Michael Vogt schrieb:
> >This is actually a libglade2 problem. Have you tested to upgrade to
> >libglade 2.4.1? It should fix the problem (I run
> >2.5). Gtk/Glade/Libglade are not always as much in sync as one
> >hopes. And apparently synaptic is a early adopter for some of the
> >glade features.
> Yes, that was one of my first thoughts too. I tried out 2.4.1 and 2.5.0,
> both without succeeding. The interesting Thing is that after having
> upgraded to one of those, Synaptic doesn't output anything anymore. It
> just even quits without any Errors.

Hu? It just segfaults? Odd! Have you recompiled/relinked it (just to
be sure)? It's really strange, I use synaptic here with libgtk2.6 and
libglade2.5.0 without problems. Can you produce a gdb backtrace if the
problem persists? Can you check the current svn snapshot as well (
svn co https://oops.kerneljanitors.org/repos/synaptic/trunk)?

I'm also available in irc.freenode.net, channel #synaptic.

thanks,
 Michael