Re: [Synaptic-devel] package source

From: Marc H. Thoben
Subject: Re: [Synaptic-devel] package source
Date: Tue, 05 Apr 2005 04:12:35 +0200

sashko wrote:
on 04/03/2005 09:23 AM Chris Miles wrote:
Rainer Lay wrote:

when using synaptic, I often try to look, where package are coming
from, which are selected for updates. Which means, from which
repository, ftp server, etc.

With the later version you can select to display the "Component" column;
I find this helps me see where the package is coming from.

... I believe
that in debian-based distribution they really don't need this feature,
but under some other linuxes life is not that simple...

I'd like this on my debian/sid, too.

--
Best regards,
  Marc