Re: [Synaptic-devel] Two RFEs in download window

From: oleksandr korneta
Subject: Re: [Synaptic-devel] Two RFEs in download window
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 15:56:32 -0400

on 08/16/2005 11:49 AM Matevz Jekovec wrote:
> Nice two features when downloading the packages would be:
> 1) pause/resume button - in case you'd want to quickly download
> something else beside in another application and would temporarily need
> as high bandwidth as possible.
> 2) download in background button - if you still wanted to search a few

I vote for this!
Both features would be greatly appreciated.
I'm just thinking that in case of inmplementing the second one, once the
packages are downloaded synaptic should ask "install?", because in order
to install it probably needs to lock the access to the packages database
anyway, so browsing is not possible.

--
regards,
Oleksandr Korneta