[Synaptic-devel] Synaptic hangs upon reload

From: Jorgen Bodde
Subject: [Synaptic-devel] Synaptic hangs upon reload
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2006 22:56:14 +0100

Hi everybody,

[sorry if this is the wrong list, I could not find a forum or other mail
linst list]

I have been using Synaptic for quite some time to great satisfaction.
However, now whenever I do a reload for the new packages, I see a brief
dialog shoing the progress, it vanishes, and synaptic hangs terribly
(only kill -9 will remove it from memory) This has happened since approx
5 days now and I have no changes to my system (other then the ones
synaptic marked).

apt-get works, it reloads the repositories and reports the packages to
be upgraded, but when I want to download them with synaptic (I assume
apt-get updated the same repository) I get the following message:

W: Failed to fetch
ftp://ftp4.gwdg.de/pub/linux/suse/apt/SuSE/10.0-i386/RPMS.suser-oc2pus/lash-0.5.0-0.oc2pus.2.i586.rpm

Is there something that makes synaptic crash upon reload? The
repositories I have are standard SUSE plus some of the suser ones
(packman, etc).

Synaptic package version:

synaptic-0.56.1-4

Which seems to be one older then the one released. Does anybody have a
clue? Or know how to update the packages with apt-get ? I know apt-get
upgrade works too but there are packages there I do not wish to update.

I am fairly a beginner with linux, but this is something I cannot
solve.I am using OpenSuse 10.

With regards.
- Jorgen