[Synaptic-devel] Synaptic Interface

From: Tom Mountney
Subject: [Synaptic-devel] Synaptic Interface
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2017 23:04:51 +0000

Dear MIYO Team,

First, thank you for MIYO  - Devuan + Openbox is an excellent configuration. I'm a past CrunchBang user and when CB went away I hoped that a distro would appear that was similar. I also wanted to avoid, and not support, systemd.

I'm in the process of testing and configuring MIYO to meet my preferences and I'm pleased that MIYO looks like what I want.

However, there is one thing that I find that is a bit of a problem for me: the change to the icon used to show status of and to mark/unmark packages. I'm an old geezer and my eye sight isn't as good as it once was - it is difficult for me to see the little green checkmark against the background (I guess what I'd call the) 'package ' icon.

Have this:

Prefer/Want this - 'classical' with clear checkbox:

I've tried several of the Devuan/Openbox distros (CrowZ, Nelum, etc.);  all have the 'classical' synaptic interface with a clear checkbox to show the install status of a package.

So I'm wondering if/how I can get back to the classical synaptic GUI with the clear checkbox in MIYO? I've tried a couple of things with no success.

If this is possible, I'll learn something as well..!

Hope this request isn't a bother.

Again, many thanks for MIYO.

And thank you for any assistance...

Tom Mountney