sysvinit-devel

Re: [sysvinit-devel] sysvinit-2.88dsf will not compile

From: Florian H.
Subject: Re: [sysvinit-devel] sysvinit-2.88dsf will not compile
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2011 18:35:37 +0200

[Petter Reinholdtsen]
> Looking at the content of linee 585 in /usr/include/asm/bitops.h on
> your system seem like the most obvious way forward.  When you did
> this, what did you discover?

Lines from 585 of that file on:

static inline int test_bit(int nr, volatile void *addr)
{
        return 1UL & (((const volatile unsigned long *) addr)[nr >>
SZLONG_LOG] >> (nr & SZLONG_MASK));
}

As I'm not that familiar with C coding for Linux, I simply compared this
function to some of the surrounding ones that have the keyword
"__inline__" instead of "inline". Changing this keyword for the function
test_bit made 'make' running through compilation.

--
Florian Hülsmann