taler

Re: [Taler] presenting refreshment

From: Christian Grothoff
Subject: Re: [Taler] presenting refreshment
Date: Wed, 07 Oct 2015 09:56:51 +0200

On 10/07/2015 09:39 AM, address@hidden wrote:

> There is some (let me call it) mid-level description missing IMHO.
> When i tried to learn about taler i crawled your page,
> i watched some of your talks' videos, and i read your draft.
> Finally after digesting the draft i finally found the missing details.
> But in order to arrive at an understanding of taler that would
> make me trust it in future, i had to bridge a gap in the available
> description.
>
> I don't want to drop the details of the concrete implementation.
> What i'm trying here, is explaining that perceived gap, and to narrow it.

Sure, I can see that my (some of my) talks (or the current website) are
very high-level, and that the paper is very low-level, and that it would
be good to have something in the middle somewhere.  I think the
api.taler.net site would be a good place for this, as that one targets
developers who need this intermediate level.

So maybe you can propose text for the Sphinx documentation? (Source is
in the API Git.)