taler

Re: [Taler] Status [Was: Re: scritcash?]

From: Georges OIKONOMIDIS
Subject: Re: [Taler] Status [Was: Re: scritcash?]
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2019 09:10:27 +0200

Dear Christian,

My " off, far off" start of my mail expressed sincerely my apology for intruding into your discussion.
I wanted to understand where you stand with respect to the progress of Taler's endeavour.
I thank you for your answer, and I' d like to learn about Swedish central bank choice. If there is a link towards their decision I'd like to have it.

Thanks a lot
Happy hacking!

Στις Τρί, 10 Δεκ 2019, 00:26 ο χρήστης Christian Grothoff <address@hidden> έγραψε:
Hi Georges,

Changing the subject as you're somewhat impolitely hijacking the
discussion here.

Still, to give you a brief answer: the one-sided anonymity problem was
in theory solved before we started, and has been implemented for years.

Today, major open work items are:
* integration with an actual bank (code is in libeufin.git)
* regulatory approval (latest news: draft terms of service were
  written!)
* wallet backup and intra-wallet synchronization (see: sync.git,
  anastasis.git)
* wallet user experience (transaction history, public key
  infrastructure editing, error handling)
* documentation (code, procedures)
* testing and external security audits

We have also already presented Taler to a few "European institutions"
(like the Swedish central bank, which then decided to go for a mass-
surveillance solution instead). But political work (= talking to
government institutions) is definitively something that should
continue, and where we could use more help as well.

Happy hacking!

Christian