taler

Re: [Taler] Taler wallet charge terminal

From: Marc Stibane
Subject: Re: [Taler] Taler wallet charge terminal
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2023 15:36:48 +0200

On 2023-09-22, at 15:28:01, Christian Grothoff <grothoff@gnunet.org> wrote:

Also, what is the current state of NFC support in taler? Can I already use NFC for buying and charging my wallet? What specs would a NFC reader need to fulfil for that?

The current (Android) wallet already supports NFC. If your phone can read NFC tags, it should work. On the machine side, you don't need an NFC reader, but instead a device that can send NFC tags to the phone.

Same on iOS. All iPhones capable of running iOS 15 (and thus the GNU Taler app) do have an NFC reader integrated and can read NFC tags (or devices emulating a tag).
However, iPhones cannot emulate a tag. Apple doesn’t allow this…

Marc