tasklist-idea

[tasklist-idea] beltane v1 maintainer needed

From: Karl Berry
Subject: [tasklist-idea] beltane v1 maintainer needed
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2004 20:52:48 -0500

Background:

At rms' request, I've set up a "free beltane" project at savannah:
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/freebeltane
This is because the original beltane authors have made beltane v2
nonfree, and are (naturally) barely touching v1.

rms feels strongly that we should try to find a maintainer to continue
work on v1.  I posted a job in the savannah project, but that has pretty
minimal visibility.  I also asked on gnu-prog (some time ago), but got
no takers.

So, would you post an item on the tasklist news for this?  Judging from
previous times, a lot more people will see that :).

Unrelated: jemarch is the new gv maintainer; so that news item/request
can go away.  Thanks.

Thanks,
karl

Draft for the item text:

Beltane is a PHP package for central management of the samhain file
integrity / intrusion detection system.  Beltane V1 was released under
the GPL, and is now available at
http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/freebeltane.

Unfortunately, the original authors decided to make Beltane V2 non-free.
Therefore, in the interests of the free software, we are looking for a
volunteer to actively maintain and improve the free version of Beltane.

If you're interested, please let us know.