techne-devel

Re: [Techne-devel] WebKitGTK+ removal in Fedora 27+ due to security issu

From: Dimitris Papavasiliou
Subject: Re: [Techne-devel] WebKitGTK+ removal in Fedora 27+ due to security issues
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2017 17:03:24 +0300

Hello Tadej,

On 04/07/2017 11:55 PM, Tadej Janež wrote:
What are your plans with Techne with regard to WebKitGTK+ insecurities
and deprecation in favour of WebKit2?

I haven't worked on Techne for a while, especially on version 0.2, which is used by Billiards, but I don't think it would be too hard to port the frontend to WebkitGtk2. Do you think it would be worth our effort to continue providing the package? Do you have any way of telling whether anyone is using it? I haven't had any communication on Billiards for a long time. If there's any potential practical use/interest, I could take a look at it.

Regards,
Dimitris