texinfo-devel

Re: running makeinfo within emacs on a region

From: Patrice Dumas
Subject: Re: running makeinfo within emacs on a region
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2012 21:58:36 +0200

On Sun, Aug 19, 2012 at 10:02:54PM +0000, Karl Berry wrote:

> All that (m-r) does is make a temporary file with the
> start/end-of-header material followed by the region and invoke makeinfo
> on it.  As I understood it, it was mainly for testing a block of
> (presumably newly-written) text.  It hardly matters these days since
> it's fast enough to run makeinfo repeatedly on even large manuals.

Not anymore ;-).

Seriously, now there are quite a bit of warnings (and maybe errors, not
sure) when processing only part of a document into Info.  For instance,
there is a warning if there is no Top node, if there is no node.  And
there are many errors for @-commands outside of nodes (some are not
Info output specific).  Should we try to have a way to call texi2any
without those warnings?  Like with a customization variable?  Or in a
more general way by providing with different levels of warnings? Or
should we just ignore that issue?

--
Pat