texinfo-devel

Re: pod2texi doc?

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: pod2texi doc?
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2013 22:35:02 GMT

    > Maybe we should add --enable-pod2texi=yes|no|detected to configure
    > (default detected, as it is now).

    In that case I think it should simply replace perl-api-texi-build, as
    it would be rather redundant.  I agree that the installation may be
    skipped if not detected and not 'yes'.

    Should I do that change?

Well, now that we're talking about it, it seems to me that
unconditionally installing it, as we are now, might be better after all.
That way everyone's installation is the same.  I could put something
(brief) in the manual about cpan install.

I can imagine distros might want a way to disable it, and install it
in a cpan-ish way along with its needed pod modules.  But seems like we
can wait until they ask; wouldn't want to second-guess what they prefer.

So, maybe no change here.