texinfo-devel

Difference between texinfo 4.13 and texinfo 4.13a

From: Gavin Smith
Subject: Difference between texinfo 4.13 and texinfo 4.13a
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2015 19:22:56 +0100

One thing I've wondered about for a while is what the difference is
between the texinfo 4.13 release and the 4.13a release.

I thought I had it figured out: the 4.13a release was an alpha
release, that happened to be identical to the released 4.13. But then
I noticed that 4.13a was available on ftp.gnu.org, not alpha.gnu.org.

Can anyone solve this mystery?

While I'm on the subject, what happened to texinfo 4.10? Was it
omitted to avoid confusion with texinfo 4.1?

Gavin