Re: [Texmacs-dev] Re: texmacs on SGI

From: Joris van der Hoeven
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Re: texmacs on SGI
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2002 20:38:16 +0200 (MET DST)

On Tue, 4 Jun 2002, Ralf Treinen wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 04, 2002 at 04:20:44PM +0200, Joris van der Hoeven wrote:
> >
> > On Tue, 4 Jun 2002, Michal Bulik wrote:
> >
> > > I've just compiled and installed texmacs on an SGI (with gcc 2.95.2)
> > > and I obtain the following error message :
> > >
> > > Fatal error: guile seems not to be installed on your system in
> > > 'install_texmacs'
>
> What do you get if you execute the following commands from a shell:
>
> guile-config info datadir
> guile-config info top_srcdir
>
> The code which tests the existance of guile is in
> src/Basic/System/dir.gen.cc. This code is IMHO not a good
> test for the availability of guile, since it tests for
> the existance of a file which for instance is not installed
> on my machine (ice-9/boot-9.scm), and if this fails tries
> to execute guile-config, which might not be available
> even though guile is installed. This is why I have disabled
> this code for the debian package of texmacs.

So how do yoy do the test? Not having the file ice-9/boot-9.scm seems
already strange to me, since this file is used in order to boot guile.
Also, guile-config is automatically installed when you compile guile,
as far as I know...

Joris van der Hoeven <address@hidden>
http://www.texmacs.org: GNU TeXmacs scientific text editor
http://www.math.u-psud.fr/~vdhoeven: personal homepage