[Texmacs-dev] Re: Portuguese symbols

From: Joris van der Hoeven
Subject: [Texmacs-dev] Re: Portuguese symbols
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2002 22:34:17 +0200 (MET DST)

Hi,

Thanks for your message. First of all, I have to say that you should not
use the address@hidden address, but rather address@hidden;
by miracle, your message did not get lost...

> In Brazil, we use a proper Brazilian keyboard suitable to write
> Portuguese (our mother tongue) texts. There two important symbols in it
> called masculine and feminine symbols, according to ISO Latin-1
> terminology. Actually, they are small superscripted underbarred letters
> o and a, respectively. My xmodmap is correctly configured, so I get
> those symbols by using a modifier key. Surprisingly, TeXmacs is
> bypassing those xmodmap configurations and has deactivated the mentioned
> symbols. The accented letters are OK by using dead keys.
>
> Has anyone found a solution for this problem or, at least, could show me
> how to access any character in the font I am using?

OK, I think that I found the symbols in the tcrm font
(characters AA and BA). Unfortunately, we are operating
a quite profound change in TeXmacs at the moment,
so we will not be able to make the change for the next version.
Would it be possible for you to remind us to make the change
in about one month from now, if we forget to do so?

Best wishes,

Joris