[Texmacs-dev] Re: News and questions

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: [Texmacs-dev] Re: News and questions
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 09:36:36 -0600 (MDT)

    We have been considering four GUI's: Qt, Gtk, wxWindows and GNUstep.
    What GUI would you suggest?

I hope you will use GTK so as to fit in best with the GNU system.

    What do you think about the proprietary and expensive Qt license
    for the windows version?

I think that is a good reason for you not to choose Qt for this
project.

    On the one hand side, I think that it gives an incitation for
    people to switch to a free OS,

I don't follow--how does the license of Windows Qt encourage end
users to switch from Windows to GNU/Linux or *BSD?