[Texmacs-dev] Re: problem with ypur allocator + Qt (but not a problem)

From: Stéphane Payrard
Subject: [Texmacs-dev] Re: problem with ypur allocator + Qt (but not a problem)
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2002 01:37:57 +0200

On Thu, Aug 08, 2002 at 11:17:42PM +0200, Joris van der Hoeven wrote:

> On Thu, 8 Aug 2002, Stéphane Payrard wrote:
>
> > I am starting to integrate Qt code. The patch to support native
> > boolean was a first step.
>
> Yes, thanks. By the way, would it be possible for you
> to give me a Perl script which automatically does the transformation.

Well, it was part manual and part automated.
The automated part could have been done using sed:

   find -name '*.hh' -o -name '*.cc' | xargs perl -p -i.bak -e
's/FALSE/false/g; s/TRUE/true/g'

-pe    means that we apply the script (between quotes) to all lines of
parameter files
-i.bak is to be on the safe side and backup the files with the .bak suffix

    find -name '*.bak' | rm -f # removes the saved files

Then you will see that the remaining diffs are very small by applying
makepatch, which is BTW a perl script
to an original hierarchy and a modified one. basically it is:
   -supressing the #define for FALSE and TRUE
   -setting the returned value of my_predicate(...) to Bool in its declaration
and definitions to
   be conformant with the X include files

--
 stef