Re: [Texmacs-dev] New keybindings

From: Joris van der Hoeven
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] New keybindings
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 18:59:40 +0200 (MET DST)

> I like most the changes in the default bindings for the last version,
> but I'm questioning myself why bold is in the M- series and emphasize is
> in the F series. Is there a rationale behind this?

Bold is physical markup and emphasize logical markup. The logical analogue
for bold is strong and the physical analogue for emphasize is italic.

> Has a place been left to 'cycling' keys for environments,

Yes: C-tab and C-S-tab for cycling back.
Notice that you also have S-tab for cycling back now.
Notice also that it will be possible to cycle selections
using tab and S-tab later.

> when the feature will be available?. Are the keybindings final or open
> for discussion still?.

No, they are still open for discussion. I just gave it a first try.
If you want, you may write a "kbd-word.scm" file for the M$-Word look and feel.

> Also M-Tab to insert a Tab is not bad, but I fear most of the window
> managers use this key by default for switching windows, win32 among
> these.

That is right and that is why I also provided A-tab with
the same functionality. Of course, "escape tab" will work too.

> Unrelated, when will it be safe to update menu translations?

You may start now, but there will probably be some more changes.