[Texmacs-dev] getting rid of frequent polling in TeXmacs

From: Amir Michail
Subject: [Texmacs-dev] getting rid of frequent polling in TeXmacs
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 11:09:42 +1000

Hi,

Is there a simple way to get rid of the frequent polling
in TeXmacs used to update the display?  For example,
is there an easy way to force the display to simply update
after every keystroke instead?

The reason we are asking these questions is that this
polling is confusing our design recovery tool, DRT.  We just
need a simple temporary fix for now, even if the result will be very slow.

Amir

P.S.  You can see progress we have made on DRT here:
        http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~drt/screenshot/index.html.  You will
        need to click on the screenshot links to see the entire screenshot.