Re: [Texmacs-dev] cvs whereabouts

From: Joris van der Hoeven
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] cvs whereabouts
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 14:13:29 +0100 (MET)

Hi Boris,

> I might be interested in contributing to TeXmacs.

Good news! Thanks :^)

> To figure out what to do
> without committing myself too much, I'd like to take a look at the cvs
> sources. Unfortunately I can't find the address of the cvs tree
> anywhere--could it be absent by purpose?
> The Savannah cvs tree is certainly empty.

At the moment, we rather work with patches;
you may submit patches to the source code on Savannah and
I usually include the changes within a few weeks after verification.
Please keep patches as short as possible and
decompose big changes in short patches whenever possible;
this will improve the speed with which they are treated.

> I could at least do some german translations, but I'd be more interested
> in some programming, perhaps realted to Macaulay2. How do I get read
> access to cvs?

You can find the source code on texmacs.org.
We are interested in all thinks you mention:
German translations (please take a look at texmacs-doc at Savannah)
and Macaulay 2 (Dan Grayson will be very happy with this :^)

Best wishes, Joris