[Texmacs-dev] TeXmacs 1.0.1

From: Joris van der Hoeven
Subject: [Texmacs-dev] TeXmacs 1.0.1
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2002 19:49:25 +0100 (MET)

Hi all,

We are happy to announce the release of GNU TeXmacs 1.0.1.
With respect to version 1.0, the major changes are the following:

  * The user interface has been completely redesigned so as
    to become more intuitive and compatible with other software.

  * The TeXmacs -> LaTeX and LaTeX -> TeXmacs converters have
    been improved. In particular, TeXmacs now generates LaTeX files
    which do no longer depend on the TeXmacs.sty style file.

  * We implemented several structural editing primitives and
    better ways to visualize structure.

  * The TeXmacs style files and packages have been reorganized,
    completed and improved.

  * The documentation system has been improved.
    In particular, we now provide online documentation and
    you may update your documentation from the web.
    The user manual has been translated into French too.

  * TeXmacs has been ported to Cygwin (Windows) and Fink (MacOS X).

  * Interfaces with the Axiom and Giac computer algebra systems
    have been implemented. There is also an experimental interface
    with GNU Octave.

  * Support has been added for Finnish and Ukrainian.

As to the future, the focus for version 1.0.2 will be on further
stabilization of the editor and support of Html and MathML.
We also plan to work on a Windows port and better support for
external plug-ins.

Best regards,

Joris van der Hoeven