Re: [Texmacs-dev] cygwin home page link -- installation problems

From: Marciano Siniscalchi
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] cygwin home page link -- installation problems
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 12:57:23 -0600

Hi all,

I am happy to report that I just built TeXmacs 1.0.1 under Cygwin (duly
"refreshed" using setup.exe, and using the packaged version of guile-1.6).
Everything works as advertised: it builds and runs fine. I followed the
instructions on the TeXmacs Web page.

The only issue I can see is the exceedingly long startup time --- at least
10/15 seconds on my brand spanking new P4-2.8Ghz with a fast HD and 512MB (I
just changed jobs and got a new PC in the bargain...). Once the program
loads, it runs adequately.