[Texmacs-dev] Compilation of maple_filter on MacOSX

From: Christian EVEN
Subject: [Texmacs-dev] Compilation of maple_filter on MacOSX
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 09:40:50 +0100

Hi,

        This is a message for Martin Costabel about the compilation about the
maple
filter.

        The error encountered seems to be caused by
#include <string.h>... #include <string> which are specific (but basic) to
c++.  Are these libraries (with the header files) relative to c++  present on
your system? They should be present in a package like gcc-c++...

        Anyway this  interface with maple works only if the inline command
maple
maple -l l is also correctly working, which suppose maple to use specific
obsolete C libraries (maple for unix/linux is not often updated).

        For example, It works with mandrake 7.2, but not with posterior
versions of
Mandrake. I intend to rebuild soon an other interface to get rid of all these
complications.

        Tell me if you if it helps you or not, I will look for myself if is
there is
anything else,

        Sincerely yours,

                                        Christian Even