Re: [Texmacs-dev] Disastrous boot time for new versions

From: Daniel Andor
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Disastrous boot time for new versions
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2003 22:11:22 +0000

On Wednesday 05 March 2003 8:43 pm, Karl M. Hegbloom wrote:

> > > Do you know of more efficient implementations,
> > > which can also be used of extension languages?
> >
> > I will look for that.

I mentioned this problem to a lisp-compiler-hacker friend of mine and he said
guile is a "disaster"!

Embedding a lisp such as ECLs or GCL may provide more efficiency and power,
especially if we'd like to move as much as possible into a lisp-ish language.
If we need to stick to a flavour of scheme, then mzscheme (or rscheme, as
suggested here) could also be considered.

Daniel.