[Texmacs-dev] Win32 Experimental Version

From: Dan Martens
Subject: [Texmacs-dev] Win32 Experimental Version
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 14:09:38 -0500

Hello Joris,

I have put my latest *experimental* version of texmacs for windows on my public
server. You can find it at http://www.dannet.ca/texmacs.  The archive is large
as it contains both guile and tex for windows. To try and keep the size of the
download to a minimum, there is no source in the archive.  To run this version,
you must do the following.

1) Go into the TEX directory and run the setup program to install TEX.  Install
all packages.
2) In the windows environment variable dialog, add the following.
  GUILE_LOAD_PATH=(root of texmacs distribution)
  TEX_HOME=(root of installed TEX distribution)
  TEXMACS_PATH=(root of texmacs distribution)

The program texmacswin32.exe should now run.  If not, please let me know.

This version is far from perfect.  There are numerous bugs and crashes, please
let me know of any found.
The biggest ones I know of are:

1) Scrolling fast causes strange painting of editor ontop of menus.
some other tag appears.
3) You cannot change drives in the load file dialog, this is due to Linux based
widgets.
4) Attempting to print crashes program.

There are no doubt many other big ones.  I am slowly plugging away at them when
I have time, hopefully one day it will be perfect.

Any questions, you know where to find me.

Dan