Re: [Texmacs-dev] Applied patches for TeXmacs-1.0.1.14

From: David Allouche
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Applied patches for TeXmacs-1.0.1.14
Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 22:34:48 +0200

On Tue, May 20, 2003 at 05:58:17PM +0200, Joris van der Hoeven wrote:

> > I'd also like if you sometimes do the status changes as you go.
>
> My messages on texmacs-dev are a substitute for this.

But it would save some time (at least for me) if you put the comments
directly on Savannah. There is the address@hidden mailing list
which notifies about every change in the patch manager, so the
texmacs-dev "applied patches" post would not be necessary.

> > Except closing them after a merge, which requires an independent pair
> > of eyeballs.
>
> The intent is indeed that I never close patches: the application of
> each patch should be verified by someone else than me.

Great.

> > > Nix (how do you want us to call you?): it might be good that
> > > you help David with the closure of applied patches from your making.
> >
> > Yes, please.
>
> In fact, this applies to anyone else: after making a patch it is
> good to follow the discussion on "applied patches" on texmacs-dev and
> close the patch as soon as it was correctly applied.

Modulo the fact that only a patch manager administrator (you and I at
the moment) can change the status of a patch. Though any user can post
comments.

--
                                                            -- ddaa