Re: [Texmacs-dev] Applied patches for TeXmacs-1.0.1.14

From: David Allouche
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Applied patches for TeXmacs-1.0.1.14
Date: Wed, 21 May 2003 21:00:57 +0200

On Wed, May 21, 2003 at 11:15:35AM -0600, Nix N. Nix wrote:

> I believe a good heuristic should be this (please refine):
>
> Patches on savannah that are still open, that do not say "Joris said:
> Applied for x.x.x.xx", and that meet other such criteria (please specify
> further) are patches that you should consider for application.

Other criteria: patch is assigned to vdhoeven (that is the one to last
column).

After application of the patch has been announced on the mailing list
(it would be helpful if the announcement also included the patch
summary) the "Joris said applied" comment is added and the patch is
assigned to the checker (the developer in charge of checking this
patch application)

Ideally, the checker of a patch would always be the patch author.

> David (and I) will then check to make sure the patch went in OK, and if
> not, one of us will post a "patch-patch" to apply the rest of the patch,
> and/or correct any "intent errors".

That's it.

In the case the checker is not an patch manager administrator, the
checker would simply add a "correctly/incorrectly applied" patch
comment and a patch administrator would take care of updating the
patch status.

--
                                                            -- ddaa