Re: [Texmacs-dev] Spell checking

From: Michèle Garoche
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Spell checking
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2003 12:02:21 +0200

Le vendredi, 6 juin 2003, à 10:32 Europe/Paris, David Allouche a écrit :
TeXmacs 1.0.1.14 included a modification in the way dictionnary *.hash
files are looked up. Check for find_dictionnary and init_dictionnary
in edit_spell.cc for details.

In in nutshell, alternate spelling should be correctly recognized and
some languages should have fallbacks (e.g. brazilian fallbacks on
portuguese).
As I mentioned, this does not work on Mac with the latest ispell version, if you have both ispell (not especially configured) and aspell (configured in your home directory as needed). I need both since some packages don't accept aspell even with the spell script. And this is really with the latest version of ispell (I run version 14 of TeXmacs since its release with no dictionary issues, but very recently ispell released a new version and with this release there was no way to spell check (not only under TeXmacs, but under any package). So for me the easiest work around was to create a sym link and it works perfectly with any package. It seems to me more logical than torture TeXmacs till it accepts the dictionary or spend three hours to compile a hashed dictionary and obviously redo the process the next time ispell changes its working way. Not to mention that the location of the dictionary is hard-coded in TeXmacs and it can be that this hard-coded location will not be the real location.

Michèle
<http://micmacfr.homeunix.org/>