[Texmacs-dev] Re: Using TeXmacs for Presentations

From: David Allouche
Subject: [Texmacs-dev] Re: Using TeXmacs for Presentations
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2003 10:17:57 +0200

On Thu, Jul 03, 2003 at 09:55:01AM +0200, David Allouche wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 02, 2003 at 06:40:51PM +0200, Felix Breuer wrote:
> > Hence, I would be very interested in your switch-generation-code! It
> > would be nice if some of the presentation-specific code you come up with
> > could be put on the Wiki or even be integrated in TeXmacs itself.
>
> I have no time to bring this code to any kind of public-release
> quality, and I probably will not have this time before several weeks.
>
> However, I will post it as-is on texmacs-dev so you can have a look
> and see how you can try to fix it.

Ok, the stuff is attached.

What you want is in slides.scm.

  -- the creation funcions are "make-slides" and "make-slides-here".

     They create a tree of nested switches, using the implicit
     structure defined by sectioning commands. Like all really simple
     things It is a bit difficult to explain what it does...

  -- the browsing functions are "next-slide" and "prev-slide" which
     implement the not-so-trivial task of recursively walking the tree
     of nested switches.

  -- the deconstruction function "flatten-switch" is unfinished, it
     was intended to implement the reverse of make-slides-here.

It depends the attached search-in-tree.scm, which I wrote for Alain
Herreman. It defines a very useful utility for iterating over a tree,
looking for specific structures.

It also depends on the following functions which have probably been
renamed, made private, or otherwise inacessible. You should probably
look for their modern incarnations in progs/convert/tools/stm.scm

  htmltm-list->document htmltm-serial htmltm-unary-document
  tmhtml-list-map

Caveat: the slides.scm code was written frenzily the days before the
presentation I wanted it for. It is not as well factorized at is
should be and contains quite some ugliness (esp. switch construction
and selection should be separated, see fold.scm for the idea).

All the attached code is (c) 2003 David Allouche and is licensed under
the terms of the GNU General Public License.

--
                                                            -- ddaa