Re: [Texmacs-dev] Towards TeXmacs-1.0.2

From: Joris van der Hoeven
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Towards TeXmacs-1.0.2
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 10:42:18 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 29 Jul 2003, Philippe Audebaud wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 28, 2003 at 10:33:50PM +0200, Joris van der Hoeven wrote:
> > I tagged the new version 1.0.1.20 (now available) as being stable,
> > so as to get user feedback for the next stable version (september).
>
> Finally, compiles and runs perfectly with gcc-2.95/guile 1.4. Great.
>
> > I finished the reorganization of the internal plugin system.
> > Until the next stable version, I just plan to include some
> > new computer algebra session related things and improvements
>
> ... except for the plugins part, that I can now play with again.
>
> Should I expect changes in the API ?

Not as far as the plugin system is concerned. The documentation (plugins,
interfaces) should be highly stable now, except possibly for the some
more obscure features (like testing complete input (new feature)).

> What is the order of magnitude for the
> planned improvements ?

The next two important changes should be
  1) Abstract TMGUI layer.
  2) Internal DRD's and guile layer for opertations on 'tmobj's
     (which will be a unification of TeXmacs trees and S-expressions).
I cannot say yet which change will occur first,
since both are pretty urgent (for different people).