[Texmacs-dev] Bug Tracker: Request for help

From: David Allouche
Subject: [Texmacs-dev] Bug Tracker: Request for help
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2003 16:13:20 +0200

For some time now, Savannah has been hosting several facilities for
the development of TeXmacs.

You can find there:

  -- The Patch Manager, where you can submit patches for TeXmacs. This
     is the main channel of communication I am using when sending my
     work to Joris. Using it ensures that your contributions are not
     forgotten.

  -- The Bug Tracker, where problems and wishes are recorded.

TeXmacs core developper lack the time to maintain this Bug Tracker.
So fixed bugs often stay open in the Bug Tracker for a long time and
some well known bugs never get in.

If you have some time to contribute to the project you can help us
maintaining the bug tracker by:

  1. Notifying us of fixed bugs.

     You first have to reproduce the reported problem using the
     TeXmacs release mentioned in the bug page.

     Then try to reproduce it using the latest version. If the problem
     has been fixed, please add a comment saying which release the
     problem is fixed. Extra points are awarded for specifying the
     exact oldest release where the problem has been fixed.

     For example, it is likely (I have not checked) that the following
     bug has been fixed in 1.0.1.23:

     http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?func=detailbug&bug_id=4309&group_id=156

  2. Adding extra comments to make it easier for us to reproduce the
     problems.

     You often read discussions about a problem that the developpers
     cannot reproduce. If you can determine the exact situation which
     causes the problem, this additional information is very much
     appreciated.

Any comment, any volunteer?

--
                                                            -- ddaa