[Texmacs-dev] Plugins and Announcing TeXmacs

From: Mark Arrasmith
Subject: [Texmacs-dev] Plugins and Announcing TeXmacs
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2003 16:54:26 -0500

Awhile back is was mentioned on the list that someone should announce the new
stable version of TeXmacs in different places.  I was wondering if I made a
"review" page for the latest version and what it can do would you be
interested in it?  Basically I'd like to update:
    http://www.texmacs.org/Web/Samples.html

I'm having to do this anyway as a quick tutorial for running R, maxima,
octave, gnuplot, etc. for the GTA's here.  Mainly I'd like to get everyone
here using TeXmacs for exams and homework.  If there was a page like this you
could probably point slashdot.org to it and see if it gets accepted.

Also, a question about plugins.  Gnuplot is nice and all, but I'm wanting a
better (more purty) 2D and 3D function plotter.  So I'm playing with xd3d (
at http://www.cmap.polytechnique.fr/~jouve/xd3d/ ).  What I'm needing is
after an image has been included to then go back and dump that included
postscript file as input for a program.  Can a plugin grab previous output?
And if so, any examples?

- mark arrasmith

--
When you don't know what to do, walk fast and look worried.