Re: [Texmacs-dev] texmacs doesn't find texmacs-init.scm

From: David Allouche
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] texmacs doesn't find texmacs-init.scm
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2003 16:22:01 +0200

On Mon, Oct 06, 2003 at 03:50:35AM -0700, Boris Tschirschwitz wrote:
> I've now tried the new version 1.0.2.2.
> Compiling it went smoothly as always and, as always, it balks at not being
> able to fing init-texmacs.scm.
> I now also tried to install it into the standard dirs, doesn't work.
>
> Additionally, I encounter s/t Perl people like to call Warnock's dilemma
> :)

In this particular case the resolution of the dilemma seems to be:

  1. Core devs do not have a cygwin enviroment to test the problem on.

  2. No other people who have cygwin and the time to test the problem
     provide additional constructive comments (more than "metoo").

  3. Each core dev expected the other to take the time to figure out
     how to add the required printline statements to get the necessary
     additional information.

It seems that Joris just unlocked point 3. :-)

PS: kudos for the dilligence of your bug reporting and your good
temper.