Re: [Texmacs-dev] CLisp plugin

From: Michael Graffam
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] CLisp plugin
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2003 08:06:27 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 28 Nov 2003, Joris van der Hoeven wrote:

> Displaying trees should be easy by using the "scheme" protocol and
> the TREE tag. More generally, the Scheme expressions for TeXmacs trees
> should have immediate analogues in Lisp. So compatability of the data
> formats should be easy too.

Yeah, I was planning on just consing the 'tree symbol into my tree
structures at the required places to build the Scheme expression.

> The harder part would be to use Lisp as a real extension language,
> because this presumes that Lisp knows about the existing Scheme
> functions (and types?) and vice versa.

Well, this is what I wanted input on -- because I was thinking of a
different approach too.

I was thinking that Lisp analogues to the Scheme tags could be made. Then,
something like (tree MyTree (tree Leaf1 X Y) ...) in Lisp when eval'd
would produce a string of TeXmacs markup which could be delivered to
TeXmacs over the interface link.

There is also Lisp code in existence to produce LaTeX -- this could be
useful as well.

There seems to be a few options for interfacing Lisp and TeXmacs, and I
was just wondering what people would want.