Re: [Texmacs-dev] Feature wish navigation window

From: Joris van der Hoeven
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Feature wish navigation window
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 17:34:06 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 10 Dec 2003, Jan Ulrich Hasecke wrote:
> I not sure weather this was discussed before. So just skip the
> message, if I am annoying you.
>
> I am working on a rather long document.
>
> I am desperately missing a navigation window, so that I can jump to
> any headline in my doc.

Yes, I know :^)

My highest priority for my forthcoming work on TeXmacs is to
make the document model more stable (the format is (virtually) stable).
This concerns the DRD, the programming model (elementary changes, DOM),
the inclusion model, style file editing and the scheme interface.

So there should be some improvements concerning inclusions next year.
However, I fear that inclusions will not be dealt with in an entirely
satisfactory way as long as the typesetter has not been reorganized.
And this is for later, since we also have the reorganization of
the font system, the GUI and internationalization. Moreover,
we want to amuse ourselves from time to time, so a graphics editor
should be added too in the meantime.