Re: [Texmacs-dev] Re: tt_font_find

From: Joris van der Hoeven
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Re: tt_font_find
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2004 19:42:40 +0100 (CET)

On Sun, 18 Jan 2004, Jan Ulrich Hasecke wrote:
> Joris van der Hoeven <address@hidden> writes:
> > Please check whether you can reproduce
> >
> > address@hidden lesourd]$ locate andalemo
> > /usr/share/fonts/msfonts/andalemo.ttf
> >
> > If so, then the M$ fonts should be there too.
> >
> >> No other truetype font.
> >
> > At the moment, only luxi and the M$ fonts are supported.
>
> andalemo ist not installed
>
> I have installed the msttcorefonts-package under debian unstable,
> including Arial, Verdana, Times New Roman et al.
>
> I've attached the output of locate *.ttf

OK, I see now; the M$ fonts have a different name on your system :^(((
If you have a few hours, then please correct and extend the file

        progs/fonts/fonts-truetype.scm

so that it works for you. Next add missing entries in

        progs/menus/menu-format.scm

After that, all fonts should work. Finally, you may send me
the corrections of the two above files and I will try to integrate them.

Thanks, Joris

P.S.: if someone wants to write a real font selection system or
plug-ins for standard programs which do that, then this would be
appreciated... I will not have time for this in the near future.