Re: [Texmacs-dev] primitives reference, tag-info-table

From: Joris van der Hoeven
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] primitives reference, tag-info-table
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2004 21:56:45 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 2 Feb 2004, David Allouche wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 01, 2004 at 12:04:06AM +0100, Joris van der Hoeven wrote:
> > On Wed, 28 Jan 2004, David Allouche wrote:
> > > I have just committed the documentation for DOCUMENT, CONCAT, ERROR, and
> > > RAW-DATA to the CVS. This changeset includes the definition of a new
> > > macro TAG-INFO-TABLE used to document DRD properties and intended usage
> > > of tags.
> > >
> > > I would like your opininion on the use of that construct. If that is
> > > okay, I will submit a patch to add it to tmdoc so the in-document
> > > definitions could be removed. Also, I would probably move the
> > > "how to read these tables" explanatory text in a a separate page, like
> > > "./devel/format/primitives/tag-info.en.tm".
> >
> > That is fine with me.
>
> Okay, I'll submit the patch and do the cleanup soon.

I rethought a bit about this issue today. Since these tables can be
generated automatically from the DRD, would it not be better to write
some automatic tools for generating this type of documentation?
Indeed, keeping these tables up to date might lead to doing double work...

In fact, the automatic generation of more types of help pages might
be interesting anyway (cf. description of commands, keyboard shortcuts,
menu help, etc., like in Emacs). Maybe you can take a look at this
once the reference manual for the primitives and style variables
will be finished.