Re: [Texmacs-dev] Re: Getting rid of Scheme?

From: Joris van der Hoeven
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Re: Getting rid of Scheme?
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 11:41:07 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 7 Apr 2004, Jan Ulrich Hasecke wrote:
> TeXmacs for me has some very annoying drawbacks. Styles are completely
> opaque. I am working with LaTeX, with XHTML and CSS, but I was never
> able to alter the styles in TeXmacs.

This should change from now on. In the last distribution,
a lot of documentation on how to write style files has been
included and the mode for editing "source code" has been improved.
Please give this a try.

The environment variables have not been fully described yet though and
I still have to deal with the page environment variables problem you
encountered when writing your book. I hope I will have a day for that
soon, but in any case later this year.

I will comment on the other issues (Python, etc.) later.